Monday, July 27, 2009

The Adventure Begins!


For a while, I've been developing an unhealthy obsession with all things cheese. The fantasy changes daily. Some days I'm moving to France to intern with 6th generation cheese makers, spending my days in caves flipping cheeses as they age. Some days, I'm moving to a farm in Santa Ynez valley to raise goats and make my own cheese. Other days, I'm interning at the local cheese shop, wrapping stinky delights and absorbing knowledge. Every day, it's a little different, but luckily all the fantasies are about cheese in one way or another.

So, I shall attempt to learn at least one cheesy fact a day. In the interests of education, and perhaps as a warning to others, I will share my experiences here. And hopefully, nobody will die of some strain of bacteria not known to any cheese monger, and the neighbors won't report us for the mysterious herd of pygmy goats that somehow are now grazing on our postage stamp lawn...

And just to assure you all that everything will turn out right, I am sure that I totally bonded with the little black faced sheep (left) at the baby animal petting zoo at the AAA baseball stadium near my parent's house last weekend. If that isn't proof of budding animal husbandry and future cheese success, I don't know what is...

No comments:

Post a Comment