Sunday, August 2, 2009

Fish and Cheese?

So, like I said before, I've been cranking out a final paper and just not finding time to do much in the way of cheese education. I'm through Brittany in Steve Jenkin's Cheese Primer. Good nighttime reading!

Turns out that even though Brittany has 20%+ of dairy production for France, most of the cheese it produces is not on the "best of France" list. They like fish more. Hmm. As I wrack my brain, I can't come up with a cheese/fish dish without checking the internet. All I'm coming up with are chedder goldfish crackers, and I don't think that counts. What about tuna melt? That might count, but only if canned tuna counted as fish!

Maybe some grated parmigiano reggiano in the crust on a broiled whitefish?

Not sure if this is really worth research at the moment. I'm still trying to work my way through the cheese of France! And then, I'll need to read it again, and then taste each of them. Maybe I'll attack them in alphabetic order....

No comments:

Post a Comment